Staying positive is not always easy. Everyone has difficult days. But staying positive is possible, even if you have been labeled "negative" for a long period of time. You may have already tried to "be more positive" as people always encouraged, and it hasn't worked. I will show you how to break free of the patterns.
First recognize the causes behind your negativity.
Common causes of your negative attitude:
1. Exposure. Growing up, you may have been exposed to people who were constantly sources of negativity. You could also be in the midst of people who are negative. It makes it easy for you to fall into the same patterns of behavior when exposed to this behavior too long.
2. Difficult experiences. Something may have happened to you that changed your perspective on life. Those difficult times have tinted the color of how you now view yourself and your life.
3. Observing outcomes. Things never seem to go your way, and you've felt this way for as long as you can remember. Expecting the worst is best way for you to be "realistic".
Did you know complaining has been scientifically proven to make you dumber? Sorry to jolt you with this. But a jolt is necessary to realize that it does not work for you to complain or to complain to anyone else around you.
Negative people may hate what I'm saying, hate the possibility of being positive and might even be negative and complaining during this entire article. It's a survival mechanism. To feel negative is to be comfortable. It's a way to not expect anything positive and then be disappointed. It's a way to not take risks. It's a way not to enjoy life too much, just in case another bad thing happens. It's also a way to help constantly justify why bad things happened to you and will continue to happen to you. And why you won't go for it.
You remain behind a dark cloud, that never truly allows you to experience the joy and happiness that is meant for your childlike self to experience.
You know why you're negative. Something happened. And you could probably tell the whole story about it. You might still even be in the situation as you read through this article.
But the time has come to choose a different way of looking at it. A different perspective. A possibility that your experience may look and feel different in the next moment, day or year.
You have to first acknowledge:
1. That you've chosen to look at things the way you do (it's a choice)
2. That it's possible to feel and create joy at any moment
3. That gratitude, a supreme form of gratefulness for what is...is extremely beneficial to your life
The only way to love your life, is to make a decision and realize that the power is within you. Outside will be constantly changing, morphing, disappointing and catastrophic if you let it be. But what is within, no one can touch. And it's a constant choice.
Be at peace. Stay positive. Stop yourself when you start complaining and see solutions and what you can be grateful about.
Choose a brighter perspective to view your life and people in it, each day.
Life Coach, Model, TV Host